Makeup PINspiration: Peachy Glow
So every now and then I get on these streaks on Pinterest. I may not have time to use the site a whole lot for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly I'm all about it again. Last night I was scoping out the various makeup pins, and I saw this one.
Regardless of how you feel about the Kardashians, you've got to admit, Kim's makeup looks amazing here. Typically I'd be drawn to her eye look or lips, and I think it all looks great, but what especially caught my interest was the really pretty, peachy glow to her cheeks. I enjoy both the tone of the blush and the placement-- not too close to the nose, definitely kept on the outer part of the apple of the cheek and swept back.
emilynoel83 on Instagram
I posted this pic on Instagram/Twitter earlier this morning. Basically I tried to recreate that sculpted, peachy glow with drugstore products. The products are pictured from top to bottom in the order they were applied...
- First I used the Cover Girl Cheekers blush in Sierra Sands to warm up and contour the cheekbone. I blended it back all the way to the ear.
- That color really blended nicely with the ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral (which is a bit more peachy than it appears in the pic). I used that shade on the outer part of the apple of my cheek and swept it back, just above the deeper color.
- I highlighted the top of my cheekbones and down the nose with Wet n Wild's Color Icon Reserve Your Cabana. It's great because it brightens with hardly any shimmer.
I'm loving this little contour/blush/highlight cocktail! I'm also wearing the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on my eyes, and on my lips I'm wearing Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance lipstick in Pure (a peachy nude). Do you spend a lot of time on Pinterest? What is your favorite kind of thing to pin? I obviously love the makeup and hair stuff, but I'm also pretty proud of my Funny and Cuteness boards :)
- Just spent a few hours editing my Get Ready with Me video... it'll be posted tomorrow!
- I need to clean the bathroom... I've done a pretty good job of avoiding that task so far today.
- Thinking about those of you on the east coast who'll be dealing with a blizzard! Are you prepared? Did you run out to the grocery store for milk & bread?
- I'm emceeing an fundraiser concert for a local homeless shelter tomorrow night. I did it last year and it was fun- hopefully it's a success again this time around!