I was really happy with the way this particular makeup look came out, so I thought I'd share my "face of the day" :) This was from yesterday, and I had a meeting in the morning, and as I was getting ready I was actually shooting a step-by-step picture thing on winged eyeliner for a local publication (hence the classic, minimal eyeshadow). Obviously this is a look I'm willing to sport for daytime, but I think it easily works for night, too. And sometimes you just don't want to have to start over! With a little powder late in the day, a bit more blush and extra gloss- I was ready for a night on the town!
(but I didn't actually go out on the town... I stayed home, ate leftovers, and watched Justified... but the point is - I was READY to go out on the town :)
A couple of points about this look that I liked-- the overall finish of the foundation & powder (using 2 NYX products I talked about in my latest video), and how the shadow was very simple- yet the eyes were quickly glammed up with liner and lashes. And you know I always love a good berry lip! Here's what I used!
-NYX Stay Matte but not Flat Liquid Foundation (Soft Beige)
-Revlon PhotoReady Concealer (Light Medium)
-Bare Minerals Well Rested
-NYX Stay Matte but not Flat Powder (Medium Beige)
-Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer (03 Amber Bronze Medium)
-Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush (Natural)
-Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Highlight (forgot to photograph)
They key word for the eyes is probably "defined". The shadow is very subtle, and the liner isn't really thick... but what was used was intensely dark. The lashes do a good job of framing the eye as well.
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance (forgot to photograph)
-Dior Couture Colour Eyeshadow #734 Grege (remember my video on what I got for Christmas? This tiny palette from Sephora came with DiorShow New Look mascara... not a big fan of the mascara but I am loving the eyeshadow- more explanation below).
-Milani Ultrafine Liquid Liner (Black Vinyl- winged on upper lashline)
-Maybelline Master Drama Liner (Midnight Master- lower inner rim)
-Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara (upper lashes)
-Maybelline Lash Discovery (lower lashes)
-ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit (Medium)
-Salon Perfect Demi Wispies
As far as the eyeshadow- the shades in this palette all appear to be satin or matte finish. I used the white around the inner corner and under the brow, the light grey in the middle all over the lid and a mix of the dark grey & dark brown (bottom of the palette) in the crease. I smudged the dark brown on the outside of my lower lashline, then blended the dark grey the rest of the way. I think it helps take away some of the starkness that black in the waterline can have, but doesn't make it overly smokey.
-NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Narcisse (looks so much brighter on the lips than it does in the pencil!)
-NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Perfect
- Even without the news job... I feel like there is a lot happening in my life at the moment... each day the to-do list gets a bit longer. I'm lucky for that, but must stop and take time to breathe. Now that I am my (only) boss and do my work at home, I have trouble knowing when to close the laptop.
- I got crafty today... you'll see my creation in an upcoming vlog :)
- Mysterious box on the doorstep for Tyler... what could it be?
- There won't be any Beauty Broadcast Live tomorrow-- sorry about that! I haven't had the chance to test out any alternate methods (and when that was the case last week- only 10 could watch!) I also need to shoot some other things and finish up some videos that have been on the "request list" for quite some time. I literally have a legal pad that I add to daily!
- Does anyone read Ladies' Home Journal? You might notice some familiar beauty bloggers on page 8 of the April issue! :)