I've been getting some questions about my nails in recent videos. You know I love my Mally gel nails, but pictures like this on Pinterest have been inspiring me to branch out into new colors and designs. I am NOT a nail art expert by any means! As if painting an intricate design with my left hand isn't hard enough... what happens when the masterpiece chips? ahh! Anyway, I stick to basic stuff. I got a great teal & gold necklace over the weekend (you'll see it in an upcoming haul!)- and it inspired me to paint my nails with the same color combo.
First I did one coat of Milani High Speed Fast Dry polish in Quick Teal. Then I did one coat of Milani One Coat Glitter in Gold Glitz- doing sort of a half-moon shape at the base of the nail. It dried VERY quickly! Then I used my Out the Door topcoat from Sally Beauty Supply to finish it off. I LOVE that I was able to get totally full color in just one coat. And when you're trying to do something (semi) fancy that requires an extra step- I don't want to spend forever building up the base color. So woohoo! I've always had great luck with Milani's nail polishes. They cover my big 3 nail requirements: 1. They don't require a lot of coats, 2. Fast drying, 3. Not quick to chip off. Do you get a lot of nail inspiration on Pinterest? Do you attempt the tricky stuff or do you like to keep it simple? Have a great day!!
- Planning to do Beauty Broadcast Live the same way we did it last week- it'll be live on my BeautyVlogcast Channel at 9am CST tomorrow (Thursday). Make sure you're subscribed, because I think it'll pop up in your subscription feed :)
- I mentioned this on Twitter, but we finished season 3 of Downton last night. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!
- New video coming this afternoon!
- We have a little cat tunnel thingy that Cupcake likes to race through, and now she likes to nap in it too! It's adorable. I'll snap a pic next time it's happening.
- 100% blue skies today & the snow has melted. Starting to look (but not really feel) like Spring!