Rediscovered Favorite! ELF Custom Quads
I definitely had an "a-ha" moment while shopping my stash this morning. I forgot how much I LOVE these super affordable ELF Custom Eyes compacts. I remember when these first came out and you could get eyeshadows, lip colors, and cheek colors (each $1), and fill the empty quad ($1) however you wanted to.
Well now it appears that only the eyeshadows are available this way- but they're still at the same really good price, and they've expanded the amount of colors that are available (as you can see from the screenshot above, taken from the ELF website). It was years ago when I first bought mine, and now I remember why I did. The shadows are really pigmented & nice quality. And the palettes could also store your MAC shadows, Coastal Scents hot pots, or anything else of that size! (A magnet on the back of the shadow pan is needed-- these ELF shadows come with magnets on the back).
Again, you buy the palette separately for $1 (which has an excellent mirror inside), and it'll come with four empty spaces. Select whatever shadows you want (they'll come individually packaged), and then pop them into your palette!
My palette is made up of some basic neutral/smokey shades. The swatches from left to right are Ivory, Moondust, Dusk, and Mocha.
For this look (which I did very quickly), I just applied Ivory around the inner corner, Moondust all over the lid, Dusk in the outer corner, and blended Mocha as sort of a transition color just above the crease. Then I used Ivory again under the brow. I smudged Moondust on the lower lashline, and also added Dusk to the outer part of the lower lashline. I used a navy liquid liner on my upper lashline, black pencil liner in the waterline, and finished off with mascara on the top & bottom lashes, along with Salon Perfect Demi Wispies False Lashes. In case you were wondering, I'm wearing the Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel on my lips.
There you go! The next time I order from ELF, I plan to pick up a few more of these shades. I can either get another ELF compact to put them in, or add them to a Z-palette! I've also run across these singles in Target, but I don't think they carry the full selection of shades. Have you tried the ELF Custom Eyes? Do you have any favorite colors?
- I'm vlogging throughout the day today for my vlog channel. As usual, it'll be very random and not terribly exciting. :)
- Cupcake has finally calmed down after her rampage around the living room.
- Got caught up on Sunday's Mad Men last night. If I had a dime for every time I exclaimed, "Geez Don!!" during that episode!
- Had a strange dream last night that was set back in the Mad Men era (1960's). I was waiting on an elevator and apparently it was my fault that the elevator was taking a really long time and I was getting yelled at and scowled at.
- Prior to that, I had a dream that I worked at Bath & Body Works, and it was my job to demonstrate the products in a bathtub in the middle of the store. Everyone else thought this was totally normal. I, however, was very embarrassed. LOL!