What makeup lover doesn't get all giddy at the sight of a new palette? I love trying different palettes, and many of mine come from the Coastal Scents website. I love the quality, variety, and of course the prices. I've been asked quite a few times how Coastal Scents compares to BH Cosmetics, a similar online brand. After saying "I'm not sure, I've never tried BH Cosmetics" enough times, I finally decided I'd check out the website and order a palette. The Jenni Rivera palette caught my eye as something unique from BH Cosmetics that other brands weren't offering.
At first I didn't know who Jenni Rivera was, but apparently she's a Latin singing sensation who joined forces with BH Cosmetics to create this palette. Sadly, I've also learned that Jenni Rivera passed away this past December. I'm so sorry to hear that! It sounds like she was a beautiful and dearly loved person.
This 36 color eyeshadow & blush palette is selling for $11.95 now... though I think the price was around $25 when I bought it. I've had it for several months, but am just now really diving in to play with it. I love that the palette combines many different eyeshadow colors and textures (matte, shimmer, metallic), as well as six really pigmented blushes... I think I'd wear all of them! As far as the quality of the shadows and blushes- it really reminds me of Coastal Scents, which I enjoy very much. The shadows have a softness to them, but they aren't overly flaky. I love that this palette throws in some colors... but there's nothing in here that's so wild or loud that I wouldn't wear it.
So here's the look I created yesterday (didn't have time to get this blog posted at the time!) It's got a summery pop of peach, but a little smokey depth on the outer corners. By the way- on my lips I'm wearing Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Fresh Papaya.
1. After applying my Put a Lid On It eye primer from The Balm, I used the pearly white shade around the inner corners of my eyes, and very lightly under the brow bone
2. I used the matte peach all over the lid
3. I mixed this matte, medium brown with the peach and blended it in my crease, diffusing the color more and more the closer I got to the brow bone
4. I used this shimmery plum shade in the outer corner, and also smudged this shade and the medium brown under my eye for a bit of a smokey look. This plum reminds me so much of MAC Beauty Marked!
Blush: I applied the peachy blush with golden shimmer- it reminds me of The Balm's Hot Mama blush!
Swatches of shades 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Does anyone else have this palette? I was really pleased with the look I created. The shades were pigmented and they blended quite easily. I look forward to trying more looks with this kit. Again, this is the only BH product I've tried, but quality wise- BH Cosmetics seems to be on par with Coastal Scents in terms of their shadows and blushes. There seems to be a lot of overlap when it comes to certain palettes these brands offer, but if you really look through both websites, you'll find a lot of unique products from each line as well. Thanks for checking out this post!
- Had a fun weekend with Mom & Dad visiting!
- Shot a fashion video today... it'll be posted tomorrow! I'm showing a couple of high-low dresses and a couple of more casual outfits as well.
- It's not raining today! Woohoo!
- Amazing story in the news today about the 3 missing Ohio women who were found alive after 10 years!! I'm so intrigued by this. Sounds like law enforcement officials have a lot of investigating to do.