Making Black Eyeshadow Wearable!
Hey everyone! Yesterday I posted a picture of a soft brown smokey eye look on Instagram and I got a request in the comments section to do a dark black smokey eye. I thought it'd be a good idea, since sometimes people steer clear of very dark or black shadows because they're not sure how to use them without looking too intense. I wanted to do a little "step by step" thing for my blog, and created it through the website beautysets. I had a little too much fun with this... felt like I was back in high school yearbook editor mode! :)
Hope that was helpful for you! This look could definitely be re-created using similar eyeshadows- you don't have to have exactly what I used. I'll probably do some video tutorials with those new limited edition Wet n Wild palettes though... so glad I finally got them! I couldn't find them in any stores near me, so I ordered them off of beautyjoint.com. Thanks to the people who told me about this site!! Also, on my lips I just went for a soft, light pink. I used Wet n Wild Mega Last lipstick in 901B and topped it with a clear balm to make the matte lipstick feel a little more comfortable on the lips.
- I'd like to give a big thank you to Mandy Rose at House of Rose for interviewing me! She had me over to her house awhile back to chat about YouTube, makeup, and advice for those starting out with a blog or channel. You can see the video interview through this blog post... and isn't her blog design SO cute?! Love her variety also... she blogs about decorating, relationships, DIY projects, family-- it's great. And if you're curious about making money online, she and her husband Jeff have a separate blog called Dollars & Roses where they share lots of advice and track their progress... literally- they show exactly how their blogs generate income. It's super interesting! Thanks again, Mandy! By the way, my Mom called me right after she watched the interview and thought it was so cool-- and thought Mandy was so sweet!! I agree! :)
- My lunch as I've been sitting here blogging was a Special K protein bar... chocolate peanut butter flavor. Gotta say, it was tasty! I would typically make something for myself... but I was kind of "in the zone" getting this post together.
- Idol tonight!! Top three! Who's excited?!?
- Posting a fashion-related video this afternoon. Keep an eye out for it on Beauty Broadcast!
- Tomorrow is Thursday... wow this week is flying by. That means Beauty Broadcast LIVE! Click my LIVE tab at the top of the page for more details on how to watch if you're a first-timer :)