Hi everyone! TGIF! I woke up this morning with some decent-looking second day hair, so I thought I'd embrace the loose waves that always make me think of "Victoria's Secret hair", and put together a makeup look that also makes me think of those beautiful models.
I'm not claiming to look like any of them! (Especially not in my old gray t-shirt- ha!) Just trying to re-create a similar look :) Key elements of the look include a plush pink lip, and a soft smokey eye. Here's what I used! :)
-Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Fresh Beige (I'm trying out the Normal/Dry formula, inspired by MakeupbyTiffanyD :)
-Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light Medium
-Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff (to set under-eye concealer)
-MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
-Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in 02 (thank you David for this amazing gift!!)
-The Balm Instain Blush in Lace
-Laura Geller Baked Highlight in French Vanilla (forgot to include in pic)
-ELF $1 Eyelid Primer (not pictured)
-Forever 21 Brown/Taupe Palette (specific shades detailed below)
-L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black (upper lashline & waterline)
-Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner in Taupe Takeover- Limited Edition (I smudged this on the lower lashline-- LOVE IT. Perfect for the soft, smokey look)
-Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara (upper lashes)
-Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara (lower lashes)
1. I used this pearly shade around the inner corner and lightly under the brow
2. This light, shimmery taupe was applied all over the lid
3. I used the shimmery brown in the crease
4. I blended the matte warm brown just above the crease to soften the look
5. I deepened the outer corner with the matte black
(Under the eye I smudged shade 3 on top of the Master Drama liner, and used a bit of the black on the outer-most part of the lower lashline)
-NYX Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude Pink
-Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Lovey Dovey Pink (LOVE THIS SHADE. OMG. Pearly without being super frosty. Makes the lips look so plush)
-NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Perfect
Hope you enjoy the look! I'm still loving that Forever 21 palette so much-- it continues to surprise me with its pigmentation and blendability! I hope everyone has a great Friday!
While I do my makeup I'm usually listening to...
(click to enlarge)
- It is a BEAUTIFUL morning outside!
- Father's Day is coming up this weekend... what are you doing for dad? Mine should be receiving some sweet treats in the mail today (hopefully he's not reading this blog post). Have you ever heard of Bake Me A Wish? It's a gourmet cake delivery company, and a portion of the proceeds from your order goes toward Operation: Birthday Cake - which sends cakes to soldiers overseas. I've sent these cakes several times and they have received fantastic reviews from those who receive them. I sent a cheesecake to Tyler's law firm on his birthday and got to try the leftovers... YUM. I'm getting dad the layer cake sampler- it looks awesome and he loves a good dessert! :)
- Video update: New tutorial coming today! And last night a new Stuff I Love video was posted. I've also re-done the vlog channel in the new layout and everything is split up in playlists.
- It's Flag Day! Have a great weekend, everyone!