Hidden Gem of the Drugstore: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals
I hope you all had a great weekend! We had family in town and had so much fun... but now the house feels pretty empty with just me and Cupcake at the moment! :) Anyway- time to talk makeup. Remember when I did my Hidden Gems of the Drugstore Haul video? Those were a bunch of products that my makeup buddy David told me about- and it was extra fun because these weren't brand new drugstore collections... but rather, things that have been around for quite some time that I just hadn't paid much attention to... but ended up being awesome. Don't get me wrong- I'm all about new drugstore stuff... but that's what everyone's talking about, right? So I get an even bigger kick out of the great stuff that I don't hear as many people raving about. The "gem" I want to share with you today is courtesy of Casmakeup on YouTube. I SO enjoy Casey's channel and in one of her videos (click here to see it) she used the Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals 8-pan eyeshadow palette.
How many times have I walked by the Maybelline section of the drugstore and not paid any attention to this little beauty? It's definitely not a new product to Maybelline's line, but I'm glad Casey mentioned it. I believe it cost around $6 at Walmart. If you like your neutral shadows, I think it's definitely worth trying. At a glance, it reminds me of the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette, only instead of four green-ish shades, there are only two.
I really like the variety of textures in this palette. While some are metallic, others just have a bit of shimmer, and that matte brown (top row, second from left) is awesome for a natural crease shade, or for blending out other colors. The deep brown in the lower left-hand corner is surprisingly velvety, and the metallic bronze colors are really fun for summer. The light beige in the upper left is the only one in this kit that seems a bit sheer- but in some cases that works perfectly as a highlight.
Hope you enjoyed this quick post, and let me know if you love this palette! I shot a different video today where I used some other products, otherwise I would've done a "Face of the Day" post using this kit. Thanks again to Casey for bringing this product to my attention, and as always, if there's a "Hidden Gem" you think I should try, let me know & I'll make sure to give you a shout-out! :)
- After a weekend spent doing all sorts of things with my family- I feel very behind on my email/twitter/facebook correspondence! I'll try to get back on that soon!
- Thank you so much for the tremendously kind comments in response to my last blog post. Reading them gave me another one of those "why can't I just reach out and hug these people?!" moments!! Thank you for being so supportive- I am so grateful for you.
- It always makes me laugh when I have a typo of the word "today" and it comes out "toady"
- Yay for leftover pulled pork!
- Also- Yay for a new sump pump just installed today. or toady. :)