This is my "Face of the Day" from a couple of days ago-- I was going for a long-wearing, full coverage look that would be good on camera for a commercial shoot... I've also had some people asking for pageant makeup tips-- and I think this would be a good look for that as well! The skin is very highlighted and contoured, the eyes are clean and defined, and the lips provide that added brightness. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is one of my ultimates for coverage/longwear, but I'm trying to use up some other foundations in my collection, so I went back to MAC Pro Longwear for this-- another foundation I really like!
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC35- works when I've been self-tanning)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer (08 Warm Light Medium- used on any redness/imperfections)
- MAC Select Cover-Up (NW20- used as a highlight under eyes, top of cheekbones, down the nose, and center of the forehead)
- Bare Minerals Well Rested & Summer Bisque mixed (If you just had "bisque" it would make this shade- used it to set the MAC Select Cover-Up)
- Makeup For Ever Pro Finish Powder (128 Neutral Sand - used everywhere I didn't use Bare Minerals- works when I have a tan)
- Mally Visible Skin Bronzer (Deeper- used as cheekbone & forehead contour)
- ELF Studio Blush (Blushing Rose)
- Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana (top of cheekbones)
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer (All over the lids/up to eyebrow)
- Milani Single in White Lie (around tear duct & on inner part of lid)
- Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals (used the medium matte brown- top row, second from left- in the crease. Used the darkest brown- bottom row, far left- in outer V. Smudged both of these shades on lower lashline as well)
- Sigma Single in Topaz (Used to buff out the crease color & be a warm transition shade)
- Milani Single in French Vanilla (Used as a highlight under brow & to blend out Topaz)
- Milani Ultrafine Liquid Liner in Black Vinyl (Upper lashline, slightly winged out)
- Maybelline Master Drama in Midnight Master (Black liner in waterline- forgot to picture!)
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara (Upper & lower lashes)
- Red Cherry #42 False Lashes
- Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo in Dark Brown (locked in place with Maybelline Great Lash Clear mascara)
In case you were wondering about hair- I just used my curling iron and put my top sections around large velcro rollers. Click here to see my video tutorial on that look.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (matte) #103
- L'oreal Colour Riche Lip Gloss in Rich Pink
In a time of year where I'm mostly wearing looks that are bit lighter, I thought I'd share this look for anyone who needs to glam it up for the cameras. By the way, I've Instagrammed about this before, but that Kate Moss matte lipstick is gorgeous with a gloss or alone. It's one of the most comfortable, non-drying matte lipsticks I've ever tried. This gloss on top makes the lipstick not quite so bright. This makeup truly stayed looking good even after I fell asleep on the couch later in the evening. Yay for that!
- Getting so excited for Mall of America Meet & Greet!! If you're planning to come, make sure to RSVP here!
- Beauty Broadcast Live was super fun this morning!
- Bonus blog post! For some reason my post wasn't published yesterday on the Gloss Daily site, but it's there now.
- You know what sounds good? Some jalapeno poppers.
- Cupcake is napping on her fluffy blanket & loving life.