Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments
Just wanted to share my review on some new drugstore products that lots of people have been buzzing about lately. These are the Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments... so basically a loose powder eyeshadow. The original Color Tattoo products were long-wearing cream shadows, which I really enjoy. So I had high hopes for these! My store didn't have a lot of colors in stock, so I went with these neutrals... Barely Brazen (champagne) and Buff & Tuff (gold).
Left to right: Barely Brazen, Buff & Tuff
The caps twist off to reveal the shaker-type insert, typical of pigments. When using these, I like to tap a little bit of the loose shadow into the lid and then dip my brush into that to apply.
Swatches in natural light
Swatches with flash
These pigments seem to be rather sheer, and just kind of light and flakey. Other things in my collection labeled as "pigments" seem to be much more concentrated and give off more opaque color. Barely Brazen seems to apply more smoothly and consistently. It has a very fine shimmer to it, and I actually think it's rather pretty! Buff & Tuff seems to have less pigmentation, and contains actual bits of glitter. I expected more out of this golden shade, and even when applying it on my lid on top of a base, it wasn't outstanding- just a lot more sheer than I expected. I don't find these two pigments to be must-have products, however I do like the texture of Barely Brazen more than Buff & Tuff... that leads me to believe that this line will be kind of hit & miss all-around. If you want to see these pigments in action, I used them in my most recent Get Ready with Me video! :)
Have you tried these pigments? Are any of the shades must haves for you?
Thanks for checking out my post!
- Posted a video with my mom today on my vlog channel! :)
- New beauty video coming tomorrow... it'll be my High End Products Worth Trying! :)
- Also tomorrow: Beauty Broadcast LIVE! 9am central time. Click the live tab above for details on how to watch.
- Doing a little (just a little) redecorating in the makeup room- mainly with the stuff that shows up in the background of my videos.
- Yesterday I made something I haven't made in a long time... Hamburger Helper! I think it was the crunchy taco kind. Tyler & I loved it!