Today's blog is a viewer request from Lexi on the Beauty Broadcast Facebook Page. She was thinking about purchasing some of the tints & beams from Benefit but wanted some more information. So this morning I rounded up the ones I have and thought I'd show some swatches and review them for you! As you can see, I have a couple of full-size products, but over the years I've also gotten some of the mini-tints in various Benefit kits. FYI: the full-size products sell for $30. I also just saw a kit on Sephora.com that contains 3 mid-size products (Posie, Cha Cha, & Sunbeam) for $17, which I think is a really good deal. Anyway, on with my review!
At a glance, you might mistake the Benefit Tints & Beams for nail polish! It's really exactly like nail polish packaging. Think of the brush as a tool to dab on the product, but not to blend. If I'm using one of the tints (which stain) I'll dab them right on my cheek and then use my ELF Small Stipple brush to blend them in. It's important to blend quickly because these dry so fast. Or you could of course just brush them on your lips for a lip stain. The Beam products don't stain, so I sometimes prefer to just dab those on my hand first, then pick some up on the small stipple brush and dab it on my cheekbones. By the way, if you were curious about how Benetint (the brand's first tint) was created, feel free to check out this slightly creepy video. LOL! It all started with an exotic dancer!
Here are some sheered-out swatches of the tints: Benetint, Posietint, and Cha Cha tint. Keep in mind that they will be even more sheered out on your cheeks. Unless you like the stripey look :) These are very long-lasting tints when worn on the cheeks, and on the lips sometimes I'll wear them under a more glossy lip product just so I have some extra long-lasting color on my lips when the shine wears off.
- Benetint: This is a rose-tinted stain- while all of the others seem a bit more creamy, this is definitely a straight up liquid. Gives a very sheer, natural flush to the cheeks and makes your lips look like they're just naturally pigmented. Definitely a classic, cult-favorite product.
- Posietint: This pink stain is probably my least favorite of the bunch because I feel like it hardly shows up on me. When I sheer it out on my cheeks, it's hardly visible. It'll somehow still manage to stain your finger like crazy though!
- Cha Cha Tint: Love this one! I believe this was the first one I ever purchased. It's said to be a mango color and is very creamy and easily blended. I feel like it gives off lots of color and looks great on the lips as well.
This swatch pic was taken after scrubbing over the swatches with a Wet Ones wipe. They lost a little intensity, but they definitely stain!
Pic of me from an old blog post - sporting Benefit on lips & cheeks, as well as High Beam on the cheekbones. See what I mean about natural?
Here you're looking at swatches of Sun Beam & High Beam highlighters. While they're very liquidy, they do have a creamy consistency. Unlike the three shown above, these are not stains. I'm not saying they're not long wearing, but with a little moisture they can easily be wiped off. These products can be nice mixed in with moisturizers or foundations for a more glowy look.
- Sun Beam: This is a golden-bronze highlight, described on the Benefit website as "sunshine in a bottle". It does have a very fine shimmer to it- no chunks of glitter. It's a nice finishing touch product and will look even more sheered out on your skin than the swatch looks above. Lately I've been reaching for this more than High Beam because I just love the golden tone in it.
- High Beam: Seems to have the same consistency as Sun Beam and has a beautiful, slightly pink-toned luminosity to it. This one has beed dubbed "supermodel in a bottle". I like it, however I have discovered numerous dupes for this one. Check out my highlighter dupes video for more info on that.
Hopefully that was informative for those of you who were wondering about these Benefit products! Benetint, Cha Cha tint, and Sun Beam are probably my favorites of the bunch. What ones do you like best?
- I meant to have a blog post up yesterday, but my uploading wasn't going so well so I decided to lay off the internet usage... eventually my new video did get posted! :)
- We had a great time with my sis-in-law Sarah and her husband Chuck over the weekend!!
- So excited to fly to New York tomorrow!! It's a special video project involving Avon/Mark cosmetics!! It'll be a very quick trip. The shoot is happening Thursday so I'll probably have many more details to share after that! I'll try to vlog along the way!
- Since I'll be doing that on Thursday, I'm thinking I'll push Beauty Broadcast Live to Friday night (hopefully).
- It's a very rainy afternoon here. This is how Cupcake has been spending her day!
Pic is from my Instagram. Thanks to all who let me know that it got hacked over the weekend! Everything seems to be fixed now :)