Bright Eyes Using Wet n Wild
Hope you're having a good Monday so far! I wanted to share this look that I did over the weekend. I LOVE my neutrals, and even when I use colors, I try to use them in a way that I see as "wearable". Meaning, a look that I'd feel comfortable leaving the house with. I was happy with the way this turned out and also how it seemed to make my eye color pop.
For this look I used one of the new Wet n Wild trios and a couple of other great drugstore shadows. If you want to see swatches of all of the shadows from the limited edition Wet n Wild Pop Art collection, click here. It's really interesting to see how the powder shadows can change color when overlapped and blended. As the yellow and turquoise come together, the look takes on more of a greenish tone.
- Sigma Eyeshadow Base in Persuade (all over the lid/crease)
- Wet n Wild Trio in A Regular at the Factory (Yellow around the inner corner and sheered out toward the center of the lid. Turquoise on the outer part of the lid and outer crease. Blended out the border of the turquoise with a very sheer amount of orange. Also smudged turquoise on the lower lashline.)
- NYX Single in Rock (blended this black shade lightly in the outer V and on the outer part of the lower lashline)
- Milani Single in French Vanilla (used as a highlight under the brow)
- L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black (used to tightline the upper inner rim and on lower waterline)
- Milani Color Play Felt Tip Liquid Pen in Black Line (upper lashline)
- L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara (upper lashes)
- Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara- not pictured (lower lashes)
Hope you enjoy this look that's slightly different from my norm! If you'd like to see looks using any of the other Wet n Wild trios, let me know. As with all Wet n Wild shadows, there's a lot of color payoff and a little goes a long way! I really think that if you have a good black and a light highlight color to add to those colorful trios, you can create a whole eye look. I always feel like bright colors are more wearable when I add a little depth to the crease along with some black liner.
- Watched "A Time to Kill" with Tyler last night... I think I've only seen bits & pieces of that movie before, but got in on it from the beginning when it was on TNT- what a movie!!! I was in tears multiple times. That has to be one of Matthew McConaughey's best performances.
- Wearing a muscle tee from Forever 21 that says "meow" on it.
- I'm so excited about Wednesday's blog post on the Ladies Home Journal Gloss Daily site!! It's gonna be a fun one! Just wrote it this morning.
- Cleaned out my big storage closet in the bathroom yesterday that holds all of my hair tools, hair products, body stuff, etc... that felt good!
- New video coming this evening- my second tutorial in the makeup starter kit series! :)