Face of the Day: Natural with a Pop!
Yesterday afternoon I was doing a little re-organizing here in the makeup room, when I got the urge to re-do my makeup. It wasn't that I really screwed up my first look that day, but for some reason I just felt compelled to wipe the slate clean and start over. I also really wanted to try a little lip kit I ordered from Sephora and it just wasn't going to work with the purple eyeshadow I had on. Overall, I was really happy with every part of this makeup look, so I thought I'd share what I used!
- Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick in #120 (will be reviewing this!)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 08 Warm Light Medium (incredible coverage)
- ELF Complexion Perfection (to set undereyes- KristinGehm trick!)
- Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #3 (liquid bronzer)
- The Balm Frat Boy Blush
- ELF Body Shimmer Stick in Mystic Moonlight (used as face highlight- similar to Benfit Watts Up)
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer (not shown)
- Revlon Colorstay Quad in Decadent
- Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof liner in Midnight
- Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara in Onyx
After applying primer, I put the pink in the upper left hand corner of the quad on the inner part of my eye-- it goes on very shimmery and a little flakey... kind of reminds me of Urban Decay Sin. I added a bit of the pearly pink (lower left in the quad), on the center of my lid. I used the warm brown/burgundy color in the outer corner with a fluffy brush, so the shade wouldn't get too concentrated. I blended that out with the golden shade and used a little bit of one of the light pinks under the brow. I smudged a teeny bit of the brown/burgundy on the outer part of the lower lashline as well. I was pleasantly surprised by how well these colors defined my eyes in a very soft way, and just really complimented my eye color. I used the Mally eyeliner to get very very close to the upper lashline and to tightline. The Hourglass mascara is something I've actually had for awhile and did NOT like it at first... I pulled it out again and was more diligent about cleaning off the wand... and I must say, I love it now. I love the short bristles on the wand, and it really built a lot of thickness in a couple of coats without making the lashes look scary and spidery. Seriously, amazing!
- Bite Colour + Shine To Go kit - I got this on a major sale from Sephora (I believe $10 or $12... but sadly, now it's out of stock! I did just find it on Amazon though, and I think all individual shades are part of Bite's line). I've been curious about this brand for awhile, and thought this kit would be a nice way to test things out. The Luminous Creme lipsticks are so soft and creamy, but not at all greasy. The color is outstanding, too. Cin Cin is a coral that shows up with quite a bit of orange on the lips. I lightly used Tannin, the red shade, on the outer parts of my lips, and dabbed a bit of the gloss in Champagne Pearl onto the center of the lower lip. After reading up on this line, I learned that because women are said to consume 9 pounds of lipstick in their lifetime, Bite uses food-grade ingredients in their products. The products also include resveratrol, an antioxidant in red wine. Each product is said to include the antioxidant equivalent to 5 glasses of red wine. But you won't feel like you just drank 5 glasses, LOL! Overall, I thought the combination of these lip products gave my lips a very plump and perfected look, and I'll probably be trying more! :)
- Had a bit of a phone freakout... my iPhone wouldn't turn on- and I never turned it off! A google search told me to hold down the home button and the button on the top right... it worked and ended up turning on again! whew!
- Coming to Beauty Broadcast YouTube channel tomorrow: Makeup Starter Kit video! :) It includes a big giveaway, too! And it's the start of a new series.
- Loving that B&BW coffee candle that I blogged about yesterday!
- Somehow forgot that last night was the Real Housewives of Orange Co. reunion show... will be watching that tonight instead :)