My Go-To Look! Bronze Smokey Eye & Pink Lips
Hope you all had a great weekend! Sorry for my lack of blogs late last week- I was taking part in a video shoot involving Mark cosmetics in NYC! We talked about it in a special "Happy Hour" edition of Beauty Broadcast Live on Friday. Tyler even joined in! :) Speaking of Tyler, today is our anniversary! Thank you for the sweet comments on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram- so kind of you!! As far as this blog post goes, this was the makeup look I was wearing on Saturday night & shared on my Instagram. This has been the look I've been gravitating toward this summer for nights out.
I love the pop of color on the lips, and a lighter take on a smokey eye using bronze tones. FYI- yes I use a lot of different products... I figure if I've got them- why not use them? :) But they do all have a purpose and really refine the look. Here's what I used...
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC35) & Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation (Light) (love the long-wearing, yet sightly luminous finish this gives my skin- and helps me use up a couple of foundations at once :)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer- 08 Warm Light Medium (for coverage)
- MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer- NW20 (for brightening)
- Bare Minerals Well Rested (used sparingly to set the MAC concealer)
- Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder- Golden (t-zone)
- L'oreal True Match Pressed Powder- Sun Beige (everywhere else)
- Milani Bronzer XL in Fake Tan- Loving this for contouring!!
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Exotic Pink
- Laura Geller Baked Highlight in French Vanilla- on top of cheekbones
- The Balm Mary LouManizer- SUPER shimmery- just dabbed on the apples of cheeks & cupid's bow
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
While the face makeup was, frankly, a little complicated with the variety of products and finishes, they eye look is really quite easy! I used a new (to me) palette that I'm loving!! Kristin Gehm tempted me with it while we were in Minneapolis LOL! :) Seriously though, it's absolutely gorgeous if you love warm rosy/bronze neutrals and it has matte AND shimmer. I'll definitely be doing something more on this palette- a review, tutorial, something! :)
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- LORAC Unzipped Palette- Undercover (light cream on inner part of lid & under brow highlight), Uncensored (shimmery brown, outer part of lid), Unspoken (matte brown in crease), Unbridled (matte burgundy in outer V), Untamed (shimmery plum on outer half of lower lashline), and Unattainable (bronzy/rose gold on inner half of lower lashline). Even if I go matte on the top part of my eyes- I am LOVING that bit of shimmer on the lower lashline!
- Milani Eye Tech Extreme- Black liquid on upper lashline
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Eye Pencil- Onyx on waterline
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Water Resistant Mascara- upper & lower lashes
- Cherry Blossom #415 lashes (not pictured)
- Anastasia Beauty Express for Brows & Eyes in Brunette (not pictured)
- Mark Make it Rich Lip Color Crayon in Peony
- Avon Ultra Glazewear in Palm Beach Pink
This look pretty much covered the trifecta for me- great coverage, long-wearing, and each part of the face just seemed to work in harmony with the others. While I try to switch up my products a lot, this is definitely the type of look I do quite often. Do you have a go-to look for certain occasions?
- Rainy day here!
- Tyler was in a never-ending golf tournament yesterday.
- Shot a new Try This, Not That video today!
- The day I left for NYC, I burned myself with my curling iron-- right on my hand in almost the same spot as my "permanent swatch burn" from the oven!! Got some Mederma!
- Anderson Cooper just showed how to actually use the Chinese takeout containers as a plate! What?!? My mind is blown! Here is the video about it! OMG!