Olive Smokey Eyes with Too Faced Natural at Night
Hope your week is off to a good start! Over the weekend I busted out one of my all-time favorite palettes-- Too Faced Natural at Night. I just love creating smokey eyes with this kit! I've actually already done a couple of video tutorials with this palette...
The top look is a brown smokey eye Too Faced Natural at Night tutorial, and the bottom is a not-so-clear shot from my Chocolate Covered Cherries look- which has more of a burgundy tone. And I'll admit, most of the time when I use this palette, I go for the brown or burgundy colors... but most recently, i decided to go for the green shades and was reminded of how totally gorgeous they are!
(click to enlarge)
I swatched the shades I used for this look: Night Light (sparkly light pink), Moon Stone (golden olive), Night Fever (deep olive), Nightcap (warm brown), and Spotlight (matte buttercream).
(Sorry this pic isn't crystal clear! Not doing the look justice.)
- I first primed the lids with an eyeshadow primer
- I applied a dab of Night Light around the inner corner
- With a flat brush I patted Moon Stone on the lid- it's amazing how much gold shows up in this shade!
- I applied Night Fever on the outer corner
- I blended out the crease with Nightcap (this might appear to have shimmer in the palette, but when it's sheered out on the eyes, it actually looks matte)
- I used Spotlight as a highlight under the brow
- I smudged Night Fever on the outer part of the lower lashline, and used Moon Stone on the inner part.
- I applied black pencil to my upper lashline, tightline, and waterline
- I finished the look with mascara on top & bottom lashes plus some false lashes - these are The Creme Shop #747M
I had lots of questions on my Instagram pic about lips & cheeks- so here's the lowdown on that. To give this look a light, feminine twist, I went with a light pink lip and cheek. I was experimenting with a couple of new Sonia Kashuk lip products from Target that I'm loving-- The Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color in Sheer Pink Lust (FYI- this goes on rather peachy, shiny, and not very sheer at all! I'm loving it!) And then just for the heck of it, I layered on the Ultra Luxe Lip Gloss in Fairest Flush... this isn't sheer either, so this is mainly the color you're seeing in the pics. This gloss is thick without being sticky... kind of an unusual combination! I'm just wild about this shade. The shine is outstanding and the color is just perfect.
On the cheeks I'm wearing my Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Coral Flush. This is another Target find, and I think it coordinates so well with the lips. It's a very pigmented shade, and it might appear to have some shimmer in the packaging, but it's not really detectable once you get it on the cheeks. LOVE. Oh and I did use a little Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana to highlight the tops of my cheekbones- then right on the top of my cheeks I used a dab of Mary The Balm's LouManizer for some glow.
So there's the look! Face makeup isn't vastly different from what I've been doing when I want a long-wearing yet slightly glowy look... I mix MAC Pro Longwear or Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation with Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation and the finish is just great with awesome coverage. I used a combo of Benefit Erase paste and Cover Girl + Olay Concealer Balm to take care of imperfections (had a big zit on my forehead!), and set the look with MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. For hair, I used my new Bed Head Rock 'n Roller Bubble wand... I posted an instagram pic over the weekend and then took it down... too many inappropriate comments! (seriously?!) So I think I'll just put a link here if you want to see it. I love the waves that wand gives me!
- I'm sitting on about 3 inches of chair right now- Cupcake is using the rest.
- Watched the VMA's last night... LOVED the JT performance and the N'sync comeback!!
- FYI: I found ELF Matte Lip Colors at Dollar Tree! Lots of shades available.
- Finally got an external hard drive yesterday... this will be necessary for my newest project! Details coming soon! :)