Em Cosmetics Life Palette Follow-Up
Hope you're having a good Monday! Just wanted to do a quick post in addition to the video I put up yesterday reviewing Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan. I talked about a handful of different products from the line, as well as the Life Palette in Career Life. If you haven't seen my review yet, check it out!
One thing that I mentioned in the video was that the large Life Palette comes with a smaller empty palette that you can customize. My package of products sent from the company did not include one of those small compacts, and I didn't let it impact my review-- I just wasn't able to show it. I'm sure if someone were actually placing an order, the would indeed receive that smaller palette, so it's all good. But then a couple of days after I shot and edited my review this past week, I did receive the small palette in the mail. I wanted you to be able to see it, so I thought I'd do this follow-up post.
The idea is that you use the little tool included with the large Life palette to lift shadows from the palette. You'll notice a little notch by every shade- they lift out easily and are magnetic. Each shade has a name, and those names are on the back of the pans.
The smaller compact is about the size of a pressed powder compact, and can whole one fourth of the Life Palette. Like the large palette, this one magnetizes shut, but it seems more sturdy all-around. As you can see, there's also a mirror included.
Here's the compact holding the Career Life look called "Natural Talent". The shadows magnetize in here the same way- none of them seem loose or like they would fall out or anything. You could put an entire look into this travel palette like I did, or you could put together your own combination of shades. Just wanted to make I let you know about that smaller palette, since I wasn't able to do so in the video. Also, thank you to anyone who took time to watch my review. If you watch it, you'll see there are some things I really like from Em Cosmetics, and some things I wasn't a big fan of. As always, these are just my experiences with the products, and I find that every brand I try has hits & misses. Thank you to those who left respectful comments toward Michelle... of course we'll all have differing opinions on makeup from time to time, but there's no reason to take personal jabs at someone. We're all human beings with real feelings. Thank you! :)
- Having a weird puffy/dryness on my eyelids-- my lips are super dry as well. I'm think it's probably a reaction to a product I used... I also did a lot of outdoor work yesterday- who knows! Could've been skincare related as well. Either way, I'm going makeup free today just to give my face a break!
- Woke up to a little bit of rain this morning... the weather has been incredibly dry here lately!
- Got the house decorated for fall yesterday! One of my favorite times to decorate. If you're interested, I could do a post about that :)
- Back to doing 50 kettlebell swings a day- really gets the heart rate up and works the whole body. What are some of your favorite exercises?
- One more thing! To those who asked- yes I ordered the Laura Geller Today's Special Value on QVC! It's the Baked Innovations set & contains a new kind of foundation from LG. :)