Hope your week is off to a good start! It's good to be back here on the blog... I've had a few days away due to my travels last week to QVC for the Customer Choice Beauty Awards! (I'm planning to do more on that soon- it was amazing!!) Anyway, today's review on Beauty Broadcast Express is all about the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Check it out, if you haven't already!
That video was purely a review, so I didn't get into the eye look I was wearing... instead I figured I'd save that for the blog! :) It was not a very dramatic or bright look at all (which this palette is definitely capable of)- but I still wanted to show it since it made me think "fall".
By the way- my lip color is the new NYX Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers (review pending!), and my blush is the Ioni blush in Ecstasy (I find that line at Fred's Super Dollar). My foundation is Cover Girl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1.
(Click picture to enlarge)
1. First I applied a primer all over my lids, and then used Dope (a shimmery peach champagne) around my inner corner. This is also my highlight under the brow.
2. I used Radar (shimmery bronzy-brown) all over the lid and into the crease
3. I blended Toxic (shimmery rose gold) just above the crease, on the border of the brown
4. I smudged Lovesick (black sparkle) on the outer part of the lower lashline
5. I also added Ambush (brown shimmer) on the rest of the lower lashline
I finished the look by lining my upper & lower inner rims, as well as my upper lashline with a black pencil. Then I used L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara (see review here) on my upper and lower lashes.
What do you think of Urban Decay's Vice 2 palette? Any favorite shades? I'm partial to the neutrals, as well as the greens. Damaged is a pretty deep emerald and Stash is a gorgeous golden olive shade. Overall though- compared to other holiday palettes I've been checking out- I don't think this is my favorite. Stay tuned for more reviews! :)
- I'm making tacos tonight!
- Had to run an errand this afternoon & Cupcake was already sitting in my computer chair. Therefore, she officially supervised my video upload while I was gone ;)
- I'm getting a root canal in a couple weeks. Not excited about it, but not really dreading it (they tell me I won't feel a thing!)
- Saw an amazing bumper sticker today that simply said "Cattitude". Was about to pull my phone out to take a picture when I realized someone was in the car. (I try not to share too many of my crazy cat lady tendencies in public :)
- Speaking of cats... it's Cat Week on Ellen!