Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain Review
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I've been wanting to share my review on the Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stains for a long time... the problem (if you want to call it that), is that they truly do stain the lips, so I wasn't sure how I was going to show them on my lips- one shade after the other. Would it distort the colors somehow? Well, I decided I'd give it a try today to see how it would work, and I do feel like these colors are so intensely pigmented, they really do show up true to color, even if there's a little remaining stain on the lips. FYI- while I had already purchased two of these, this collection as a whole was sent to me by Jordana, along with the 12 Hour Made to last jumbo sticks and liners, which I've already reviewed.
These are available for $2.99 each at Walgreens, and are said to be a "moisturizing balm infused with a light-weight stain." These are retractable sticks that twist up from the bottom- you don't have to sharpen them. They are a very similar format to many other jumbo sticks on the market, and they especially remind me of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I'm a fan of those- I love the color selection and I think the brighter/deeper shades are very long lasting. Formula-wise, I find Jordana's Twist & Shine to feel a bit more moisturizing, and therefore they show up on the lips with more shine. These build up to very rich, full color on the lips so easily, and most seem to leave behind a stain that's very true to the original color as it was first applied. I've gotten through entire days wearing these, and while the shine did fade, I still had plenty of color left on the lips. I'll clarify my thoughts on the shades in a minute- but as a whole- at about half the price of Revlon's Balm Stains, I think these are quite a steal and definitely worth a look next time you're at Walgreens!
Left to right: Nude Chic, Terra Crave, Sweet Pink, Honey Love, Candied Coral, Tropical Frenzy, Rock n Rouge, and Cranberry Crush.
The sticks are swatched here in the same order that they're shown above. The first shade, Nude Chic, actually has some fine glitter in it. It's the one shade that I don't feel is staining my lips- instead, the color wears off and just that silvery glitter is left behind. If you look very closely at Terra Crave (the second shade), there's a bit of shimmer but nothing too major. All of the other shades are just creamy colors, and I feel like every shade but Nude Chic does leave behind a stain once the shine wears away. I wanted to show these on my lips side-by-side so you could more easily compare the colors...
(Click to enlarge)
Top row: Nude Chic, Terra Crave, Sweet Pink, Honey Love
Bottom row: Candied Coral, Tropical Frenzy, Rock n Rouge, Cranberry Crush
- Nude Chic: Deeper than a traditional "nude" lip, with noticeable sparkle.
- Terra Crave: A warm, almost brown-ish spice-type shade.
- Sweet Pink: Classic pink, a bit brighter than the baby pink I was expecting.
- Honey Love: A true mauve, bordering on plum.
- Candied Coral: An orange-y shade with a bit of pink.
- Tropical Frenzy: A bright fuchsia pink- like Sweet Pink taken up a notch.
- Rock n Rouge: True red, not quite as warm as the picture makes it appear.
- Cranberry Crush: A bold berry that can be build up for more depth & shine.
Which shades do you like best? Personally, I find Rock n Rouge and Cranberry Crush to be the most strikingly beautiful colors of the bunch, but honestly, with the exception of Nude Chic and its glitter issue, I really think this is a wonderful collection of colors that I'll be reaching for often!
- After using all of those shades back to back... I wonder how long my lips will be stained? :)
- Fun times on Beauty Broadcast Live today! If you missed it, you can always watch the recorded version!
- Some of you urged me to get the ELF Disney Villains Look Books at Walgreens- so I checked them out and got a couple! (not that anyone had to twist my arm! haha) I chose Cruella De Vil & Evil Queen-- I'll show them in an upcoming haul!
- New tutorial coming tomorrow plus another review from Tyler on BBExpess! #tydayfriday