Ever since showing the Coastal Scents Revealed palette in my recent haul video, I've heard from a lot of people who want to see some comparisons to the Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 palettes! So that's what this blog post is all about :) FYI- the Revealed Palette is $19.95 at the Coastal Scents website... although at the time I'm writing this post- the palette is out of stock-- however you can sign up to receive an email to notify you when it's back!
Top to bottom: Naked 1 Palette, Naked 2 Palette, Revealed Palette
I had a hunch that there were many Naked dupes in the Revealed palette, and after a whole lot of swatching this afternoon, I was able to come to a few conclusions...
- 17 of the 20 shadows in the Revealed Palette are dupes for shadows in the Naked 1 & 2 palettes
- 2 shades in the Naked 1 palette are very similar to 2 shades in Naked 2, and Half Baked is in both Naked palettes. Those shades have the same dupes in the Revealed palette.
- I wasn't able to find dupes for 3 Naked shadows
- 3 Revealed shadows don't seem to be dupes of the Naked shadows
- While you will notice that many of the Revealed shades are color matches, none of them contain glitter, and a few of the Urban Decay shadows do. So certain "dupes" will still have that difference.
(Click to enlarge any of these photos)
I've numbered each shade in the Revealed palette to give them an "identity". From what I can tell, shades 6, 11, and 16 aren't dupes for any of the Naked shadows. 6 and 11 were close to certain shades, but not quite close enough. In the pictures below, the top row of shadows are Urban Decay Naked shadows, and the bottom row are Revealed Palette shadows. If you notice some gaps under certain Urban Decay shadows-- those are the shades that I wasn't able to find a dupe for. The first shades on the far left are very light (just don't want you to skip them as you look across).
(click to enlarge)
Naked 1 Palette Dupes (top) - Coastal Scents Revealed Palette (bottom)
(Half Baked is also in the Naked 2 palette and is swatched in that picture)
Left to right:
-Smog (no dupe)
-Creep (no dupe)
(click to enlarge)
Naked 2 Palette Dupes (top) - Coastal Scents Revealed Palette (bottom)
Left to right:
-Half Baked: 8
-Chopper (No dupe)
Shades marked with an asterisk* are dupes that were used more than once. I found the shades Virgin and Bootycall to be very similar, so their dupe was the same shade. Also, Hustle and Busted are very similar, so their dupe was the same shade. When you see these swatches move and catch the light, I feel like they are even more exact... the still picture only shows so much, but with so many different dupes to share, I thought a blog post would be easier than a video.
I know many people already have the Naked palettes, but for those who don't and want to get similar looks- I think it's pretty remarkable that there are so many dupes in this affordable palette! I find the Coastal Scents shades (both mattes and shimmers) to be very pigmented- and I really don't mind that they don't contain glitter like some of the Naked shades. One downside to the Revealed palette is that it doesn't have a mirror... but beyond that, I really don't have any complaints. It's a great neutral collection of eyeshadows!
- I'm uploading a review on the new Cover Girl TruMagic products! It'll be on my main channel this evening.
- Did a lot of online Christmas shopping over the past couple of days!
- I had an interesting dream before waking up-- I'm on a relay team (with a REALLY random assortment of people from my past), and we're running through an obstacle course that's set up in a big office building. It's like a giant adult track meet, and I had superhuman speed. Clearly a dream and not reality!!
- Cupcake is napping behind me in my chair, making very cute noises.