Emily Awards 2013: FACE!
Can you believe it's time for the Emily Awards again!? This is the 6th year for my annual awards series, and the more products I try, the harder it becomes to decide on the "award" winners! :) It's also tricky to try to come up with a creative theme for the intros. It's become a tradition to pull Tyler and Cupcake into the Emily Awards madness, and this year was no exception. My sister, Pup, was also in on the brainstorming session where we decided on a "pre-game" sports theme, with Tyler taking on a Ron Burgundy-esqe persona. It's deliberately cheesy and goofy :)
My first video in this 4-part series is focused on face makeup... foundations, powders, blushes, etc. I like to compile all of the winners in an easy-to-refer-to list here on the blog, so if you're browsing the stores, you don't have to pull up my video remind yourself of the winning products. This post is something you can print and take with you, or easily pull it up on your phone. On this list, the "buy" links will take you to a retailer that sells the particular product (none are affiliate links), and if there's a "more info" link, that will take you to one of my videos with an extended review/tutorial using the product.
Make sure you're subscribed to my EmilyNoel83 YouTube channel to be updated on new videos in this series, and I'll also update Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram when there's something new posted. To see Emily Awards videos from past years, check out my Emily Awards playlist. Thanks for watching!! :)
* denotes the number of years a product has won. Products without and asterisk are first-time winners. Not every type of product has winners in both high end and drugstore categories.
Best Light Coverage Foundation
- High End: Estee Lauder Double Wear** (Buy)
- Drugstore: Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 (Buy - More Info)
- High End: MAC Pro Longwear** (Buy) & Bare Minerals Bisque*** (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Pixi Correction Concentrate** (Buy)
Best Loose Powder
Best Pressed Powder
- Drugstore: L'oreal True Match Pressed Powder**** (Buy)
Best Powder Foundation
- High End: The Balm Instain Blush (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Coastal Scents Forever Blush (Buy - More Info)
Best Cream Blush
- High End: Laura Geller Baked Highlight in French Vanilla (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Translucent** (Buy)
- Drugstore: NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray (Buy)