Face of the Day: Subtle Glamour
I wanted to do a quick "Face of the Day" post to give you a closer look at some of the things I talked about today on Beauty Broadcast Live! The webcam quality isn't great when I'm doing that, so hopefully this gives you a better idea of the products and shades that I was trying to describe :) Overall, the look is very simple, but kind of glam in a subtle way. While I used some very full-coverage face products, I kept all of my eye makeup confined to my upper lid. It's a different technique from what I usually do, but I think it really makes the eyes look bigger. Here are the products I used! :)
- NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation in Light Medium
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye (neutral medium) & Hello Light Liquid Brightener duo
- Bare Minerals Summer Bisque (to set under-eye concealer)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
- Milani Bronzer XL in Fake Tan (for contouring)
- Tarte Cheek Stain in True Love
- Benefit Coralista Blush (to set the cheek stain stick... it has a kind of dewy finish)
- Laura Geller Baked French Vanilla Highlight (forgot to snap a pic of it!)
- Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye Primer (not pictured)
- Stila In the Know matte palette (details on the shades used below)
- NYX Two Timer Eyeliner in Jet Black (liquid end for winged liner)
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeliner in Nude in lower waterline
- Jordana Best Volume Extreme Mascara (upper lashes)
- Salon Perfect Demi Wispies False Lashes
- I applied Wind (light cream) all over lid and under my brow
- I blended Rain (cool grey/brown) in my crease with a fluffy brush
- I used a small bit of Fire (burnt orange) just above my crease color
- I blended over the whole crease area with Clay (cool pinky/beige)
- Since this focus of this look is on the upper lid, I didn't apply any shadows on the lower lashline. With so little done to the lower lashline, it kind of reminds me of Marilyn Monroe's style :)
I'm experimenting with a new brow palette from Too Faced called Brown Envy. It contains two powders (blonde and brunette), as well as a setting wax and a cream highlight. The kit also contains stencils, tweezers, an angled brush, and a spoolie wand. I like to apply some of the wax first with the angled brush, then I use the blonde shadow for a softer look on the inner parts of my brow, and brunette around my arch/outer part of the brow. I really like how these products help define my brows without making them look too heavy (which is easy to do!) I plan to try this more and eventually do a full review and demonstration for you.
This is something I found at Ulta- the new (limited edition) Baby Lips "Pinked" collection. This shade is called Rose Rush. It gives a sheer pink glow to my lips- I LOVE the color. The staying power of this one isn't great. I have a couple of other shades from this collection to try and review also.
- I've been swatching TONS of lip products on my hands as I prepare for a new dupe video in the near future! :) I'm trying to find dupes for some of my much-loved shades, and it's not easy.
- It's windy as can be this afternoon!! Hold on to your hat!
madeheated up some 3-cheese tortellini last night. SO GOOD.
- Here's the Pinterest picture that I was talking about today on BBLive that was cracking me UP last night!! Haven't we all had this feeling?! I remember oversleeping one day when I was working at the station (forgot to set my alarm), and got a call from a co-worker asking where I was. I must have looked exactly like this!! LOL! The face! The hair! I can't take it!!!
(found on Pinterest, of course)