Yesterday I posted a picture of our dinner on Instagram - French bread pizza! Lots of people asked how I made it, so I thought I'd share some details in a blog, and link to the blog where I found the recipe called French Bread Pizza... Done Right! This blogger- What's Cooking with Ruthie- said she'd tried a lot of french bread pizza recipes that result in a soggy crust. Apparently the key is to bake it at a really high temperature, really fast! Thanks for your research, Ruthie! Her post includes some other fun pizza recipes, too! :)
It's so easy, it's almost embarrassing. To those who asked if I made my own loaf of french bread-- no. Here's what I did...
- Buy a loaf of French bread
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees
- I put foil on my pan for easy clean-up
- Slice loaf in half
- Spread pizza sauce on each side (I put half of the jar on each)
- Add toppings (I used green pepper, mushrooms, black olives, and Tyler's side had turkey pepperoni)
- Top with cheese
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes
Then I just sliced up the pizza, which is all hot and melty on top, and delightfully crisp on the bottom. The middle is soft, yummy bread. I've actually never made pizza like this before, but Tyler said it might be his new favorite way to eat it. It was so filling! We ended up with lots of leftovers for lunch today. I think this is a great type of pizza for people who love to load on the toppings... because this thick French bread crust can definitely handle it! Also- it's just so darn fast. Talk about an easy, inexpensive dinner! :)
- It is a gorgeous day outside! 70+ degrees and sunny. I sat with Cupcake on the deck swing for a bit.
- I'm wearing shorts. Shorts!!
- Speaking of the 'Cake, her vet checkup is tomorrow! Oh joy.
- I'll have a new tutorial video up tomorrow. It's on the "sandwich method" for eyeshadow that I mentioned in my recent Best in Beauty video. But feel free to also eat a sandwich while you watch!