Shopping My Stash for Single Shadows!
I hope you've had a good week-- mine has been pretty busy with lots of randomness on top of Beauty Broadcast-related stuff! Anyway- today I wanted to focus on an area of my "stash" that's been getting neglected... single eyeshadows. I tend to go a little palette-crazy... when I'm thinking about what kind of eye look to do for the day, my mind instantly goes to my palettes. But I'm loaded with fabulous singles that need some love, too! Surely I'm not the only one who falls into this rut! Whenever I notice that a certain part of my collection isn't getting a lot of use, it helps me to "shop my stash", and just pull a few things aside that I can make a point to use. Not only does seeing a little basket jog your memory, but it's less overwhelming than looking at ALL the single shadows in your collection. Also, shopping your own collection is the cheapest shopping you can do! :)
I decided to just go through and pull out 10 eyeshadows that I'm really excited to use. I didn't pin myself down to certain colors or finishes or brands... I just grabbed whatever I wanted and didn't feel like I was using enough. Here's what I chose! :)
- L'oreal Infallible in Endless Pearl... this is a great highlight that actually has very little shimmer. It's great to soften the edges of other colors.
- ELF Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted... I randomly swatched this during a review for a different product earlier this week and was reminded of how pretty this rose gold is.
- Sigma Eyeshadow in Topaz... This was totally one of my colors of the summer last year! I love this warm, matte brown. It's so pretty sheered out just above a deeper shade in your crease. Gorgeous!
- Burberry Shadow in Midnight Brown... My pal Kristin gifted me two Burberry shadows and they are almost too beautiful to use! Seriously- everything from the shadow itself to the packaging is stunning. And this shadow is just so wearable. I'm sometimes funny about expensive shadows- it's like I want to sit them on a shelf and look at them for fear of using them up. Now I'm telling myself... life is short- enjoy the eyeshadow! :)
- Sephora Outrageous Prisma Chrome in Outrageous Metallic Taupe... A deeper, more grey-ish taupe than Midnight Brown. I remember getting several shadows of this kind in a big sale last year.
- Sigma Eyeshadow in Hitch... A cool, dark matte brown. I thought it'd be great used alongside any other shadow I pulled from my collection.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Shadow in Pop Pistachio... This shade just screams SPRING to me! It's so beautiful. I'd love to pop this on my lid or on my lower lashline.
- Sally Girl Shadow in Lilac... Maybe it's because I've been drooling over lilac nurseries on Pinterest, but I was just drawn to this shade when I saw it in my drawer.
- Mally Effortless Airbrush Shadow in Sugarplum... I love how this purple is somewhat deep- but still really has that purple pop on your eyes (sometimes plums don't show their color as much once you blend them out). I had forgotten how amazing this formula is. The shadow actually feels the slightest bit spongy!
- Burberry Eyeshadow in Mulberry... The second of my beautiful Burberry shadows! When I look at this color, I see some plum AND burgundy. It makes a gorgeous smokey eye!
So that wraps up my latest round of stash shopping! Is there anything in your collection that's not getting the attention it deserves?
- I'm so sorry I had to miss Beauty Broadcast Live yesterday! I realized at the last minute that I had a dentist appointment scheduled for that day. I do have the sweetest hygienist on the planet (plus she flosses with such painless speed!) but I still really missed getting to chat with the #bblive gang!
- I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend! Any fun plans? It'll be pretty low-key on our end... we had family down a weekend early. Wish they were all still here!
- I have a new Get Ready with Me video all finished up & ready to upload! I plan to get that posted tomorrow.
- I forgot to do my "bumpdate" on Instagram this week! On Wednesday I hit 18 weeks! I believe I've felt some little movements over the past couple of days!! It's awesome. It feels like little flutters, and if I'm laying really still, I can definitely notice them. So cool!