Eye of the Day: Olive Shimmer
First off-- I apologize for the inconsistent blogging! We are in the process of selling our house and buying a new one... and it's such an exciting, stressful, busy process. I'll share more details when things get officially sewn up, but it's been keeping me very busy. Mom continues to tell me- "don't overdo it!" So the blogs may be more sporadic right now, but I'll get back into my groove once things slow down. Thanks for understanding! :) For now I just wanted to share the details on the look I was wearing yesterday. I was experimenting with the BH Cosmetics Special Occasion palette for the first time. I told my pal Kristin yesterday- I think I'm going through a green phase! :)
This is an eyeshadow AND blush palette- but here's just the eyeshadow part and the specific shades I used...
- After putting on a primer, I applied the shimmery white around my inner corner.
- I used the shimmery green all over my lid, and smudged it on my lower lashline.
- Using a small brush, I applied matte black in my outer corner, and the outer part of my lower lashline.
- I used the matte warm brown as a blending shade just above my crease.
- The matte cream is my highlight under the brows.
Swatches of shades 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
As for other products, I used the liquid pen side of my NYX Two Timer eyeliner on my upper lashline (review here), and I used my Em Cosmetics Waterliner in Black Night on my inner rim. I'm also trying out the new L'oreal Miss Magna mascara, so I have that on my upper and lower lashes.
For blush I'm wearing Down Boy from The Balm, and on my lips is Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition, with a little bit of NYX Lip Pencil in Mahogany. Hope you enjoy this look! :) I was pretty pleased with the pigmentation of these BH shadows on my eyes, and I'm excited to test out some more color combinations in the future.
- Just a little heads up for any other video-makers... memory cards are more fragile than you may think. I snapped the tip off of one yesterday as I was removing it from my camera, and that was enough to keep my computer from being able to read it. Fortunately Tyler's laptop could-- but that meant using an unfamiliar version of imovie for my last couple of Express videos. Just be gentle with those little things! :)
- Contacts are a pain today... I think it's glasses time.
- Seems like all the big song & dance shows are wrapping up! Any guesses about who will win American Idol tonight? They're both so talented, but I'm thinking Caleb might take it.
- Today I'm 23 weeks pregnant! Baby is the size of a grapefruit!! I'll be working on our next vlog at some point soon!