#ElectricChallenge Day 2: Vivid Orange
It's day 2 of the Electric Challenge! I was challenged to incorporate shades from the Urban Decay Electric Palette into my eye looks for a week, so that's exactly what I'm doing. Check out my Day 1 post for my first look, details on why I'm doing this, and the "rules" :) It's been great seeing lots of your #ElectricChallenge pictures on Instagram! Such incredible talent! For today's look, I chose to work in the vivid orange shade... it's probably the color I was most excited about, and it didn't disappoint when it comes to brightness! This look was actually incredibly simple... hope you like it!
The shades from this palette that I used today are Revolt, Slow Burn, and Urban.
Revolt is a metallic silver, Slow Burn is a super-saturated orange with a hint of shimmer, and Urban is a metallic purple. Urban practically feels like a cream when you swatch it with your finger. So intense!
(Click to enlarge)
- I primed my lids with a yellow/orange Maybelline Color Tattoo called Fierce & Tangy :) I also used a white shadow stick from Jordana around my inner corner.
- With a small brush, I patted Slow Burn all over my lid, and I also wedged it into the crease. On top of the base, Slow Burn takes on a purely orange look.
- With a small blending brush (I love Sigma's E36), I buffed Slow Burn lightly above the crease. Without the base underneath, I see more red coming out of the shadow. I love that subtle color shift. I also used a bare brush to further blend out the color, and applied a sheer amount of a matte cream shadow under the brow.
- Now for a couple of accents- I used the silver Revlot shade around my inner corner, and slightly upward onto the inner-most part of the lid for an added pop. Then I smudged Urban on my lower lashline.
- I used liquid liner across my upper lashline, and a plum liner on my lower waterline. I also added a bit more Urban with an angled brush at the outer corner to blend in with the wing.
- I finished the look with mascara on my upper and lower lashes, as well as a full strip of false eyelashes.
The more I look at this orange/purple color combo, the more I like it. I thought to do this because I've been loving the way more muted tones of these shades look together (I've done a peach/plum look), so this was a way to take that concept and kick it up a notch. I also like how just a hint of that yellowish-orange cream base is peeking through around the inner corner (you can see it in the lower picture). All-in-all, when your eyes are open- the look isn't TOO crazy! But when you look down, you can see that the highest concentration of orange is right there in the crease :)
I'm also wearing...
- Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation in Medium Beige
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in Warm Light Medium
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Single in Brulee (to set/brighten undereye concealer)
- Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light
- Sleek Face Form Contouring & Blush Palette in Light (Contour, Blush, Highlight)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy (all over lid)
- Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Shadow Stick in Eternal White (inner corner)
- Urban Decay Electric Palette
- Milani Eyeshadow in French Vanilla (under brow)
- Jordana Color Envy Liquid Liner in Black Envy (upper lashline)
- Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Eyeliner in Purple Fix (lower waterline)
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Rockin' Curves Mascara (upper & lower lashes)
- Too Faced Brow Envy Kit
- Eylure Texture False Lashes #117
- NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Nude
- Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Exposed
I've noticed a few people mentioning that the shadows from this palette stain. I didn't notice any of that happening on my eyes yesterday- my Equate Face Wash Cloths took off my look completely! (And the look definitely lasted into the night- I washed it off at around 11pm) However, I did notice that the swatches on my hand were a little resistant to the baby wipes I sometimes use to get rid of swatches, but I encounter that from time to time with extra bold shadows. So far, these don't seem to have any unusual effects. Thanks for sharing in my excitement over the challenge & keep sharing your looks- it's so fun to see them! #ElectricChallenge :)
- I want a Rice Crispy treat. Just one.
- Cupcake is feeling right at home in the new makeup room. Today she barged in (LOL), jumped on the back of my chair while I was shooting a video, and then started walking all over the desk like she used to!
- Tyler & I spent Saturday taking part in a childbirth class! We learned tons. Also, now I am always keeping a big cup of water with me! The nurses running the class said some crazy-high percentage of pregnant women who come to the hospital with some sort of concern turn out to be dehydrated. Point taken!
- Last night I had a weird dream about edible eyeshadow. It tasted awesome.
- As my baby bump continues to grow, Tyler is on belly-button watch. He's always taking note as to whether or not my "innie" belly button has become an "outie". It's not there yet, but I could see it happening any day now!