#ElectricChallenge Day 3: Bold Pops
Happy Wednesday everyone!
It's Day 3 of the Electric Challenge, so here's my "Face of the Day!" For the past couple of days I've used bright colors from this palette all over my lids, so today I thought I'd do something different, with an overall smokey look that incorporates small, but bright pops of color. Despite the smokey theme, this looks feels very different for me since I don't often wear super bright yellowish/greens. I tend to go for more olive-type tones, so it was really fun to see how a shade like "Thrash" would look on me! And if you're just now stumbling across my Urban Decay Electric Palette Challenge posts on my blog, be sure to check out Day 1 and Day 2! Also, my buddy Kristin is doing this as well with daily Instagram pics! :)
Today the shades that I worked in are Gonzo, Chaos, Freak, and Thrash.
Thrash is such a vivid yellow-ish shade with a hint of green- it has a super fine shimmer to it, but it looks rather matte after application. Freak is a minty, shimmery green. I just barely snuck these blues into the look- but I used Chaos, a really true blue, and Gonzo, a bright/lighter blue.
(Click to enlarge)
- I started out with a couple of basic cream bases. I used a black shadow stick all over my lid and on my lower waterline (FYI- the Mally matte black shadow stick always seems to last me ALL DAY in the waterline!) And then I used a matte white shadow stick to encircle my tear duct area and a little upward flick on the outer corner.
- Then I patted a matte black eyeshadow all over my lid, and blended it up into the crease with a slight outer-V shape. I also smudged it on my lower lashline.
- Now for some color pops! With the small end of the brush that comes with the Electric Palette, I patted Thrash around my inner corner. I also used that same brush with Freak on the outside, creating a little border to the look.
- With a very small blending brush (Sigma E36), I use Chaos just above my crease, on the outer part. It shows up in a very subtle way, but I like it.
- Then on the inner above-crease area, I used the lighter blue- Gonzo. I wanted these blues to just come off like a light haze that fades out from the black.
- To finish the look, I used a matte cream highlight color under the brow, a thin line of black liquid liner on my upper lashline, and mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I also applied some false lashes that I thought nicely framed this eye look.
I'm enjoying the fact that this look has some different "levels" of color. With this palette, you can do some all-out crazy brightness! But when you're adding pops of color, I like not making them all the same volume- if that makes sense. The inner yellow/green really captures your attention first... then your eye goes to the outer green, and finally the subtle blue fade. It's varying levels of color that surround the matte black core of the look. I like playing with the palette in this way!
I'm also wearing...
- ELF Studio Moisturizing Foundation Stick in Natural
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Face & Body in Creamy Vanilla (as under-eye concealer)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
- Milani Bronzer XL in Fake Tan
- Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint in Coral Flush
- ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow (highlight)
- Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Matte Black (base all over lid, waterline)
- Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Shadow Stick in Eternal White (base on outer corners)
- Urban Decay Electric Palette
- Sigma Eyeshadow in Control (matte black all over lid, smudged underneath)
- Sally Girl Eyeshadow in Beige (highlight under brow)
- Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner in Blackest Black (upper lashline)
- Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara
- Too Faced Brow Envy Kit
- Ardell Glamour False Lashes #102 Demi
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in Pink Voltage
Thanks so much for keeping up with my daily looks for the Electric Challenge! Whether or not this is a look you see yourself wearing with these particular colors, maybe it gives you a little inspiration for other shades in your collection. I must say, I always have fun doing my makeup in the mornings, but this week it's been extra fun to have an added "purpose". I find myself already scheming about what I'll try the next day with this palette! :)
- I tweeted & facebooked about this - but tomorrow I have a dentist appointment in the morning & won't be doing Beauty Broadcast Live! Between that appointment and some other house stuff I'm working on, I'm not going to be able to fit it in, but I plan to get a new vlog posted tomorrow! Oh, and #ElectricChallenge will still be happening-- hope I don't blind the dentist! ;)
- Does anyone watch New York Med? I believe it airs on ABC. Tyler and I had a couple episodes on DVR and watched them last night. I LOVE it! Talk about true reality TV.
- Nothing clears my mind like a nice long swim. Such a nice re-charge for mind & body.
- I have a new video on my main channel coming this afternoon + a new express review!