I just wanted to do a quick post to answer a question I got today on Beauty Broadcast Live. Several people were asking about favorite sunscreens, including one for the face that wasn't too sticky or heavy. I said- I have a product that totally qualifies! I've been swimming a lot lately, and before hopping in, I take off all the day's makeup and makeup sure I'm covered in sunscreen. Here's what I use!
- Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid-Lotion (SPF 30) - I love that this is a face-specific sunscreen that's oil-free. It's very light and blends into the skin quickly- it's not at all sticky on the skin. It's also water-resistant for 80 minutes. I haven't noticed any breakouts or skin issues since I've been using this, so I'd say it's living up to its "Clear Face" name. Oh, and most importantly, I haven't gotten a sunburn since I've been using this, and I've been swimming a lot!
- Coppertone Clearly Sheer for Beach & Pool (SPF 50) - This is probably the most light-weight sunscreen I've ever used. It's a spray, so it's very quick to apply. But don't get cocky like I did at first and try to apply it TOO quickly. You know how it is... you're feeling all cool with your spray-on sunscreen, but then you miss large patches of skin and end up burning. Take your time and take a couple passes over your arms, for example, and it DOES seem to provide the protection I need. Like the Neutrogena, this claims to be water resistant for 80 minutes. It claims to have a "light, clean scent" - and I'd agree with that. I particularly like the spray-on style when it comes to re-applying it. Even when I'm being careful and making a point to get everywhere, I can apply this in much less time than it would take to rub a lotion all over my body.
What are your must-have sunscreens? I'd love to hear about them! :)
- I'm wearing a bright coral shirt with parrots on the front.
- I just posted a review on a travel hot roller set. Spoiler alert- it's awesome.
- This week has FLOWN by.
- Breastfeeding class last night was fun & very informative. I feel much less intimidated by the process. Until I saw the handout that shows what a breastfed baby's poo will look like...
- You know what sound good right now? Sweet potato fries.