It feels great to be blogging again! I'm in the process of slowly getting back into all my beauty "stuff", while also enjoying all the fun and challenges that motherhood brings! It really brings tears to my eyes as I look at this picture of me holding Belle in my makeup chair. Technically, she's been my little makeup companion for 9 months... but now this little nugget is in my lap! Still doesn't quite seem real. I love her so much, I can't even explain. What an incredible gift to our lives!
After feeding Belle in the mornings, she tends to take a good long nap, and I have a Pack-n-Play up in the makeup room where she can sleep as I do my makeup! Some people have asked me how or why I'm doing my makeup with this new little baby in my life. My answer is-- I love doing makeup! It never feels like a chore to me. While all things Beauty Broadcast have become my "job", I actually STILL find the act of doing makeup to be quite fun, and frankly, relaxing and therapeutic as well. Having a baby brings SO MANY changes to a person's life. When possible, keeping a little chunk of my morning routine alive makes me feel renewed and refreshed (even when I don't look it!) So yeah... I am blessed to truly love what I do. Thank you for enjoying it along with me!
Today's look was quick, basic, and pretty natural... while still covering up some dark circles and brightening my tired eyes! So I decided to set aside the products I used and snap a few pics for this "Face of the Day" blog post! The face products act to mattify and even out my skin, as well as correct my dark circles, and the eye products come together to create a VERY quick, no-brainer look!
- Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation #210 Medium Beige
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under eye Corrector in Medium (yet another great salmon-toned solution for dark spots/dark under eyes!)
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Oh So Radiant! Powder in Creamy Natural
- Flower Beauty Blush/Bronzer Duo in Gloriously Golden
- Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Dusk (blended all over the lid/crease with Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush)
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Liner in Nude (to brighten lower inner rim)
- NYX Two Timer liquid/pencil liner (liquid on top, pencil smudged on outer part of lower lash line)
- Mally Volumizing Mascara (I was reminded how amazing this mascara is- especially after 2/3 weeks of use!!)
- Milani Easybrow in Natural Taupe
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown
- Hard Candy Plumping Serum Lipstick in Infamous (something new I'm trying... not so sure that it plumps, but it does look pretty & has good staying power)
The biggest keys to looking awake? A couple of the little details that I think absolutely can't be skipped are the salmon-toned concealer to correct your circles, and a nude liner on your lower inner rim. These things might seem like small details, but they make a world of difference. I think those are the can't-miss steps, but adding some color to the face with blush and lipstick definitely polishes up the look! :) Hope this was helpful to anyone running low on sleep and/or time in the mornings!
- Belle makes the CUTEST faces/squirmy movements when she wakes up from naps! omg. Somebody should've warned me about the cuteness of that moment.
- Another random observation... the act of breastfeeding makes me SO THIRSTY. I can't believe how much water I've been taking down lately!
- Tyler and I shot our "Birth Story" vlog yesterday! It was 45 minutes!!! So when I have a decent chunk of time to sit down and edit, I'll do that! :)
- Tomorrow there will be a new review on my Express channel! Meanwhile, today I posted a new video on my main channel that I shot a couple weeks ago when I was waiting on Belle! :)
- Wipe warmer... the kind of item that might seem like an unnecessary luxury where baby stuff is concerned, but it TOTALLY makes a difference when changing a baby! I'm a believer.
- Warning: If you start eating chewy Sprees, you will have a hard time stopping.