Sephora Favorites - Give Me More Lip Set!
Whew! You can imagine how my lips feel after trying on ALLLL of those lip colors! (17 to be exact!) This blog post has actually been three days in the making. As I try to hone my skills at being a work-at-home mom, I've been doing videos in the early morning, but struggling to get a lot of blogging done in the afternoons. That tends to be Belle's main "active alert" time. But little by little, this post has come together! :) I must say, this set is right up my alley. It's the limited edition Give Me More Lip sampler. In the past, I've tried the Give Me Some Lip sets, but decided to go big with this one. It's $59 on Sephora's site, and is pretty much the ultimate gift for the lip product addict on your list. While I'm very familiar with some of the products, there are others that I have only tried on once and haven't had time to adequately test their staying power and review them yet. But simply looking at the variety of colors and forms of lip colors that are included in this kit- I gotta say, I'm blown away. It's so much fun!
Inside this gift box, the various lip products are sectioned off into four different color families... nudes/neutrals, pinks, berries, and reds. I can't decide what I like more-- the color variety, or the variety of lip color formats/textures. There are stains, lipsticks, glosses, balms, jumbo pencils... I just LOVE that! If you're looking to branch out, this is a perfect way to do so. And while you're getting lots of smallish sizes, they're still not tiny! I could see these lasting a long time. Below, I'll show each color family on my lips, and give a few observations on their application and appearance. If I already have reviews on any of these products, I'll provide links. You can click any of the pictures to enlarge them for a closer look!
My standout products are marked with an asterisk! *
Left to right: Makeup Up For Ever Aqua Lip Pencil in 3C, Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Naked Dolly, Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind, Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush, Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Pencil in 3C: Great neutral color, will work well with all sorts of neutral lipsticks or glosses. When worn alone, it has a slightly tacky feel. More comfortable with something on top. Excellent staying power.
- Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly (Top Left): Very creamy, hydrating feel and nice shine. This light shade goes on a bit more streaky than most of the more colorful La Creme lipsticks that I have, so application can take a little longer to get it even.
- *Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind (Top Right): Incredibly smooth lipstick with subtle shine. Applied like a dream... just a great cream formula lipstick. I'd purchase more of these!
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush (Bottom Left): Has a deliciously sweet scent, not sticky at all. I like the deep peachy tone.
- Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl (Bottom Right): Soft pinky-peach color. Feels somewhat thick and tacky at first, but the comfort level actually seems to improve with wear. Pigmented liquid-lipstick type format.
Left to right: Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush, Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear Lipstick in Fuchsia, Benefit PosieBalm, Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino.
- Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush (Top Left): Full coverage reddish-berry color, minty scent. Slightly sticky feel on the lips. Click here for a full review.
- Too Faced Melted in Fuchsia (Top Right): Strikingly beautiful hot pink. Velvety feel on the lips that has some shine after initial application, but becomes rather matte with continued wear. Applicator isn't quite small enough to make application of this vivid shade foolproof. Click here for a full review.
- Benefit PosieBalm (Bottom Left): Very sheer, but extremely comfortable on the lips. Has a rosy scent. The natural pigmentation in your lips will play a big role in how this color looks on you. Click here for a review that includes other Benefit Balms.
- *Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino (Bottom Right): One of my favorite shades from one of my favorite lipstick lines!! This beautiful fuchsia has a hint of shine and an incredibly velvety smooth glide on the lips. Comfortable wear and great staying power. Click here for a past blog post showing this and other Bite lipsticks.
Left to right: Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody, Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment, Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Menace, OCC Lip Tar Matte Test Tube in Black Dahlia.
- *Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody (Top left): I already own this, and have nearly used it up. It's probably my favorite LipSurgence shade-- a sheer, deep red (which I think is kind of unique in the sheer lip color world). Totally comfortable on the lips, hint of shine.
- *Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment (Top right): While I've tried a few balms from Fresh, this is my first experience with Berry and I'm in LOVE. Applies smooth as silk. Makes lips feel pillowy soft (even in the midst of a marathon lip swatching session!) Lemon-y scent.
- *Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Menace (Bottom left): I adore this color! Really richly pigmented berry/red with amazing shine that just lights up the face. My signature type of shade. Would be an amazing winter/holiday color.
- OCC Lip Tar Matte Test Tube in Black Dahlia (Bottom right): Interesting product, and will require more experimentation to get a good idea of everything it will do. A sheer application looks more berry and less vampy- and it's also more matte. In the picture, I've applied a pretty thick coat, which appears darker and slightly shiny. Tricky to apply and get a clean line around the edge, but this kit does include a small lip brush, which is appreciated.
Left to right: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon, Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Red Armour, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw, Sephora Rouge Infusion in 10 Red Essence.
- *Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon (Top Left): Amazing liquid stain type of consistency. Totally full color and dries matte. This tone of red is absolute perfection!
- Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Red Armour (Top Right): A true cherry red lipstick. Smooth application and a shiny finish. Pretty color, but nothing remarkably special about this formula. Still nice, though.
- *Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw (Bottom Left): Thin, yet amazingly creamy and full color. Dries matte on the lips. Incredibly hard to remove, even after only being on the lips for a few minutes.
- Sephora Rouge Infusion in 10 Red Essence (Bottom Right): Don't look too close at the lip line here... things got a little messy as I scrubbed off the previous lip color from KVD. This colorful stain type of consistency reminds me of the Hourglass, but comes off just slightly less full coverage on the lips. Will need to wear it more to make a better comparison.
As you can see, I've marked some of my favorite products above with an asterisk! Others may turn into favorites once I have a chance to experiment with them more. Overall, this is a fabulous, fun lip kit for the person who likes to experiment. Whoever was in charge of putting this grouping of products together deserves a raise. They combined such a variety of new and interesting textures, as well as some very classic lipsticks and glosses. The shade range goes from nude to vampy dark berry and everywhere in between. Here are just a few overall impressions (just my personal take!) on each of the color families...
- Best Products: The Berries. Gorgeous shades, yet each one is its own unique take on "berry". I'm so pleasantly surprised by the Buxom lipstick. Love the balm-like comfort of Tarte & Fresh. And that crazy matte OCC lip tar will be fun to continue to play with!
- Most Average: The Neutrals. While the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick really impressed me, everything else in this color family wasn't quite so outstanding. Not bad by any means... just didn't knock my socks off. There were more interesting, unique, and high quality consistencies included in the other color families.
- Most Familiar: The Pinks. You may have noticed- I actually happen to have reviews on all of the products in this section. All in all, beautiful colors with a few specific drawbacks. The inclusion of Bite Palomino pretty much makes up for any of those issues, though :)
- Most Surprising: The Reds. I hadn't tried any of the products in this color family yet, and I was pleasantly surprised by the consistency of some of these products. There seems to be a trend toward very thin, stain-like liquids that are full coverage and dry to a matte finish. Exciting!
Thanks so much for checking out my post on this massive lip kit! If you've tried it, I'd love to hear what you think!
- Speaking of nuggets... I'm trying to take advantage of her nap time and typing my little heart out. I've missed blogging!
- I have determined that Belle likes music and finds certain songs on my playlist to be extra calming. Those songs are: Dixieland Delight by Alabama, Love Can Build a Bridge by The Judds, American Kids by Kenny Chesney, A New Day Has Come by Celine Dion, and Mandolin Rain by Josh Kelley - to name a few.
- Last night after Tyler got home from work, I had a little "me time" at Walgreens. I just feel good being in the Walgreens beauty aisle, what can I say? I came out with some cherry cordial-flavored Hershey's kisses and a few new.... wait for it... lip products! Ugh! I have a problem! LOL. But you knew that already ;)
- The view out my window is pure fall. Grey skies and a light breeze blowing multi-colored leaves off the trees. It's beautiful!