Thanks for tuning in for the 7th annual Emily Awards! I remember when I first did these awards for the best products of 2008... back then, I knew I wanted to do a roundup of my favorite makeup products, but didn't really know what to call it. So without a whole lot of thought, I slapped on the title of "Emily Awards". Who knew I'd still be doing them this many years later? At first, I just did one video sharing my favorites... now it's grown to a four part series where the "theme" requires almost as much thought and planning as the favorite product selections themselves!
In 2014, our little family went through some significant changes! A new home... and a new baby! So that definitely plays into this year's theme, where Cupcake and Belle join forces to turn "Beauty Broadcast" into "Cuteness Broadcast". You'll have to check out each video in the Emily Awards series to see how their plan unfolds!
While my video shares the "why" behind all of my Emily Award winning products, I like to compile all the favorites here on my blog so you can more easily refer to the winners. The "buy" links following each product will direct you to an online retailer that sells the product. On some products, the "more info" links will take you to other videos I've done in the past sharing more details.
Don't miss a video! Stay updated on the Emily Awards on social media!
* denotes the number of years a product has won. Products without and asterisk are first-time winners. Not every type of product has winners in both high end and drugstore categories.
Best Light Foundation/BB
- High End: It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Rimmel BB Cream** (Buy - More Info)
Best Full Coverage Foundation
- High End: Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation** (Buy)
- High End: Benefit Erase Paste** (Buy)
- Drugstore: Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer (Buy - More Info)
Best Loose Powder
- Drugstore: ELF Mineral Booster in Sheer** (Buy)
Best Pressed Powder
- Drugstore: L'oreal True Match Pressed Powder***** (Buy)
Best Powder Foundation
- High End: It Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation (Buy)
- Drugstore: ELF Pressed Mineral Foundation (Buy - More Info)
- High End: Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: NYC Color Wheel- All Over Bronze Glow (Buy - More Info)
Best Cream Blush
- High End: Benefit Majorette (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick (Buy - More Info)
- Drugstore: NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray (Buy)
(Some "buy" links above are affiliate links)
Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Emily Awards 2014: Best Eye Products! :)