Quick FOTD Featuring Balm Desert Bronzer
Just a quick "Face of the Day" - this was actually from this past Thursday, but I just now had the opportunity to write this post. Cupcake had an early morning vet appointment that Tyler was going to take her to before work... but sometimes getting her in her carrier is a two-person job (cat people, you know what I'm talking about). Anyway, my window of time to do makeup that morning during Belle's AM nap and before the pre-vet cat wrangling was extra short. I used some products that I love, some that are new, and some that I've had for awhile and haven't used enough. The whole look took less than 10 minutes- allowing me a little time to snap a few pictures for this post! :) Here's what I used...
- ELF BB Cream SPF 20 in Buff - I just spread this all over the face with fingers. Has medium coverage, which was surprising. In the future I would set my entire face with more powder, as I was rather oily by afternoon.
- Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach - Dabbed around the under eye area to tackle dark circles.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Brightener - Used this on the high points of the face- tops of cheekbones, down the nose, chin. This adds a touch of coverage and some brightness, too.
- Bare Minerals Bareskin Perfecting Veil in Light to Medium - I got a small size of this from Ulta and used it to set my under eye area, and very lightly in the t-zone. It gave a nice, finished look, but like I said above, I either need to use more of this or a more mattifying powder with the ELF BB because I was having oil control issues by afternoon.
- The Balm Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush - This is the new product I wanted to spotlight, as I think it'll be a great multitasker for me throughout the summer. I used this around the hairline, and also swept it in the hollows of the cheeks and gently pulled the color upward where I would apply blush. I also used it as my eyeshadow.
At this point, I'm really just experimenting with this product... trying to use it in a variety of ways to figure out how I like using it best. If you're familiar with The Balm's Bahama Mama bronzer, this one is warmer, and also quite a bit lighter. I don't think it's something I'd reach for if I'm wanting a pronounced cheek contour, but it's nice as a soft blush and I really liked it on the forehead around the hairline. Also-- a terrific eye crease shade.
For this look- I actually used a bit of concealer on my lids (the Pixi product, I believe), and then dusted some of the Bare Minerals Bareskin powder on top of that to neutralize any discoloration. Then I put the Balm Desert bronzer in the cease. Super easy! I love the warm tone, and it's not too dark so application was effortless with my Sigma E25. Here are the other products I'm wearing...
- Tarte Gifted Mascara... Only on the upper lashes. This doesn't have the best longevity on my lower lashes and I didn't want to take the time to use a separate mascara there. I also skipped eyeliner.
- ELF Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown... Pleasantly surprised by this new retractable brow pencil from ELF. This color seems to be spot-on for my brows and it was very easy to apply. Includes a spoolie brush on the opposite end.
- NYX Control Freak Brow Gel... Since the ELF pencil doesn't offer any hold, I needed some gel and this stuff is the BEST.
- Too Faced Melted Metal in Melted Metallic Jelly... After being kind of disappointed by most of the light shades in this line (the ones I've tried look so frosty!) I was pretty happy with this color. I actually like how it's catching the light, but it's definitely at its best when freshly applied... as I continued to wear it throughout the day, it wore off in a patchy way, making my lips look dry and uneven. So you'll want to touch this one up to keep it looking fresh.
Just wanted to give you and idea of the way I tend to throw things together when I need to do my makeup quickly! Bronzers make great multitaskers, particular this new one from The Balm. I'll continue using it and will most likely follow up with a review either here or on Beauty Broadcast Express. Also, a bold lip always makes the face look more pulled together and finished, in my opinion. The bold lip is very deliberate, if that makes sense. It makes an otherwise barely-there makeup look seem very intentional and crisp. If you have questions or want to see reviews on anything else mentioned in this post, please let me know in the comments section! :) Thanks!
- Are you on Periscope?? It's a live video app! Follow me there- @emilynoel83 - I've done a couple of live streams and it's so fun... it's like Beauty Broadcast Live all over again! :)
- I have a growing obsession with orangey-red lips.
- In other lip-related news - I bought something called a Liptiful... supposedly it's a safe way to develop facial muscles & plump lips in the process. I've only been using it for 2 days so far, but I will definitely review it!
- Hey oatmeal eaters- this is so good! I think all the flavors are tasty but this one especially: