I know, I know... how do I come up with such intriguing content?? Ha! Seriously though- we expect things like desks, kitchen counters or bathroom sinks to get a lot of use, and just collect a lot of stuff. I know they do in our house! But lately I've realized how lost I'd be without a good end table. Seriously! It's a catchall for so many necessities. Here's a glance at the good ol' end table-- a.k.a. the most used surface in my life, currently. It sits right between the glider in the living room, where I nurse and rock Belle, and the couch. I took this picture and clearly didn't straighten up a bit-- and this is generally what it looks like most of the time. Even when I have it perfectly neat... things just seem to appear on it in mere seconds. I've learned that when I'm nursing, I need a lot of things to be within reach... so some things are necessities, and some things aren't.
- Candle... an end table staple ever since we were in our last house. What can I say... I don't get a big rush out of redecorating.
- Wedding photo... again, this has lived on an end table for a long time. I love this picture! The light is catching it in a funky way in this shot.
- Baby headband... because they can only stay on a child's head for so long! This white one with the knot on top is probably one of her most-used. (From ThinkPinkBows on Etsy)
- Bits of a candy wrapper... ahh the tell-tale yellow wrapper from everyone's favorite Easter candy. Do you know what kind I'm talking about?? :)
- Map coasters... These are really cool! Very weighty and include maps from various cities. They're by Vintie Design Co. & I got them in the Happy Mommy Box several months ago.
- Neutrogena Baby Sunblock... I just got this and haven't used it yet. Not sure why it's sitting here...
- Remote... A very normal end table find! This is actually that universal remote that Tyler reviewed recently on Beauty Broadcast Express.
- Memory card... I lose this often and now I know why. It's always sitting too close to the edge! I'm typically editing next to this end table most of the time.
- Teether... There are always at least one or two of these EVERYWHERE! Not sure what kind this one is. But Belle likes it!
- Lip Balm... Always keep a lip balm within reach! Words to live by. I'm loving this Brambleberry Rose stuff. It's by Rosebud Perfume Co. & is sort of a mix of berry and rose. Looks like something your grandma might have used, but it's legit good stuff.
- Hand Lotion... Another must-have for me wherever I'm spending a lot of time. This is Sonia Kashuk White Etheriana Hand Cream and it smells great! A really clean, fresh floral.
- Coffee... I'm notorious for leaving a couple of sips in there. Why can't I just finish it??
- Water... Perhaps the most important thing! I'm always drinking/wanting water. Breastfeeding seems to make me super thirsty. Usually Tyler has a cup sitting on here, too.
- False Lashes... Also on the coaster, of course! If I'm wearing these for a video, they usually come off well before the rest of my makeup, thus their placement on the end table. I think these are Ardell Wispies. While Tyler is no longer phased by seeing these insect-like thingamajigs everywhere, I probably should move them before company comes.
There you go! I spend a heck of a lot of time next to this old thing! :) What part of your house tends to accumulate a lot of "stuff"?