ColourPop Sundays in Silverlake Collection
TGIF! :) After seeing some of the gorgeous new summer releases from ColourPop, I had to place an order! One of the things that I didn't even have to think twice about getting was the Sundays in Silverlake Lippie Stix collection. After initially buying the In Bloom collection awhile back (see my haul for details), I got to try several Lippie Stix and was really pleased with the creamy formula, the pigmented colors, and also the slim design that makes precise application really easy. (FYI: I have no connection to ColourPop-- these products were purchased by me & I received no compensation. As usual!) Anyway- at a glance, I really liked the vast selection of colors and finishes in this kit, and the $30 price tag for six shades didn't hurt either! One more thing- I've never tried a frosty (a.k.a. shimmer loaded) Lippie Stix from ColourPop, and that makes me happy. None of these contain any shimmer either.
This collection comes in a cute box that slides open...
To reveal the six full-size Lippie Stix, all snug in their bed.
Top to bottom: Ace, Parker, Chella, Thirsty, Pasties, Cougar
(FYI- since I needed to charge my digital camera battery, these are all iPhone pics.)
I think the cream formula is my favorite from ColourPop. Super rich, and I love this fully opaque pinky nude. Also looks nice paired with a slightly deeper, neutral lip liner like MAC Whirl.
I LOVE this shade but I'm having trouble coming up with a good description... it's like a caramel color without too much tan & a bit of rose? That works. The matte shades aren't exactly difficult to apply, but they don't glide on with as much ease as the other formulas. Still, it's not drying on my lips once it's applied. This shade might be fun to blend with Ace.
A full-colored creamy peach! I dig it, especially with this warm neutral eye look. Another tidbit on these... they smell good- especially the cream formula. Kinda like vanilla or cookies or something really tasty like that.
A soft berry that has just the teeniest bit of shine on the lips- but not as much as the cream formula. Basically what you'd expect from a satin finish. I have a ton of lipsticks in this general tone, but there's always room for more & I love it!
IN LOVE WITH THIS COLOR. So delightful and bright!! The first Lippie Stix in the Hyper Glossy formula I tried was a lighter color, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. But I adore the way this fuchsia shade is coming off! So fun! The shiniest of the bunch.
I feel like I'm channeling some old school glamour in this pic! This is a super rich pinky-red... more red than pink though. And the slim design of the "stix" is MUCH appreciated with colors like this that are so bold! I didn't have to slave over the application and still got it pretty clean. Love!
To say I recommend this collection would be an understatement! If you're just starting with ColourPop, I think this is the perfect sampling of shades. You get nudes, coral, pink, berry, red-- it's perfect! Plus you can see which finishes you prefer and take that into consideration with any future purchases. This isn't the only thing I ordered recently from the site- I also got some bronzers, highlights and eyeshadows as well! Would you like to see a haul video? Let me know!
Other key products I'm wearing...
- Cover Girl Stay Luminous Foundation #842
- ELF Studio HD Lifting Concealer in Brightening
- Milani Bronzer XL in Dolci
- ColourPop Blush in Birthday Suit
- ColourPop Highlighter in Lunch Money
- ELF Studio Prism Eyeshadow Palette in Naked
- ELF Studio Lash Collection in Everyday (the half lash)
- Cannot believe I just completed an entire blog post in one sitting! Thanks for the morning nap, Belle!
- Just spilled coffee down the front of my white shirt. Fortunately it was a $5 Walmart white shirt.
- Life is messy these days- why spend a lot on shirts for bumming around the house?
- I had a major iMovie fail last night!! For some reason I couldn't export the TydayFriday video. Could not find a solution! Ended up shooting a video of my completed video off of the computer and re-imported, then exported. Yes, I'm an importer-exporter. The quality is not perfect, but it's gonna have to do!
- I feel like I'm slap happy & they day really isn't even in full swing yet.
- Bub and I have this thing were we make a silly face at the other person and hold it until they look up. It's quite fun.
- I'll have a new beauty-related video coming tomorrow. Clue: ELF-related.
- Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! Can't wait to get out in the pool!